Re: [ARSCLIST] Sampling Theory (was Fred Layn's post on the Studer list re: Quantegy)

It seems that discussions assume rather simple filtering, while linear
phase, constant time delay, filter designs have been available for decades.
Such computer-aided designs can have both sharp cutoffs and low phase
distortion. The techniques are there; it remains for the circuit designer to
take the trouble to do it right.

There are many other opportunities for poor implementation, including noisy
D/A converters that mix analog and digital grounds, use of a noisy
reference, or poor power supply decoupling that introduces intermod. Don't
blame the fundamental design for sloppy implementation.

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.