From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mwcpc6@xxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2005 6:07 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Format conundrum

In a message dated 1/15/2005 5:19:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
stevena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
hermetic- and
vacuum-sealing, bury it about a mile deep in a salt cavern and kill
everyone involved in the process.

I never quit looking to the ancient Egyptians for inspiration.

Steven Austin
********

It's likely that before a final digital format and medium is
established, we
will be able to put both the media and the mechanisms in time capsules
on the
moon or a large asteroid where both will be preserved for millennia.

Mike Csontos