Re: [ARSCLIST] From ProTools to Vinyl? was [ARSCLIST] Fred Layn's post on the Studer

On 12/01/05, steven austin wrote:

> I wouldn't mind vinyl-releases mastered to digital and written to CD
> if they would only sound like vinyl. That should be the goal, not to
> create some new experience from the old source. And if someone could
> master so well as to recreate system context, that would be heaven.

I think the goal should be to sound like the original studio master
tape, not a second or third generation copy.

Who wants the resonances and other faults of the disc cutter and
playback turntable added to the sound?

And the aim of the master tape should be to sound like the musicians (or
actors), but that is never quite possible.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx