Re: [ARSCLIST] Original Piano Roll recording

On 1/7/05 4:46 PM, "Doug Pomeroy" <pomeroyaudio@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> To all,
>
> A deceased concert pianist (Gitta Gradova), whose lacquers I have been
> transferring, also recorded a piano roll, and I have been asked to try to
> find a piano which can play it.  I realize there was more than one company
> making such recording pianos - Welte-Mignon being the most famous, I think.
>
> Can anyone refer me to someone who is familiar with these types of pianos,
> who might be able to match up the roll with a piano suitable for playing it?
>
> Artis Wodehouse, who might know the answer, is apparently not a member of
> ARSC, and I know of no way to reach her.
>
> TIA
>
> Doug Pomeroy
> POMEROY AUDIO
> Audio Restoration & Remastering Sevices

> On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on how to

Mr. Pomeroy,

You might want to try Kenneth K. Caswell of the Pierian Recording Society.
Kenneth has produced some truly fabulous transfers of piano rolls created by
several noted composers and pianists.  His most recent CD features pianist
Teresa Carreño performing works of Liszt, Chopin, and Beethoven from her
recordings for M. Welte & Soehne in April 1905.

He can be reached at 512.323.0033

Pierian Recording Society
P. O. Box 90476
Austin, Texas  78709

Regards,

Stefan Skirtz
President,
American Classical Music Hall of Fame
The Jack Saul Library of International Recordings