Re: [ARSCLIST] Quantegy has closed ???

Actually the slitting procedure itself precludes that a cottage
industry could take over this niche!
It is an industrial process and requires huge machinery to accomplish
correctly. Maybe someone
will buy the Quantegy factory and sell off the other aspects of their
company who do not need the slitting
contraption. Anyway, since this morning there has been a huge run on
people snapping up half inch tape as this is still the preferred mix
down format even for people using digital as their multi-track!

Wholesalers are to my understanding already sold out out of 499 half
inch at this point!

Anyone with one pass half inch high bias tape in quantity should do
well in the resale market!
Contact me if you fit this description as I have no less than three
stereo analog mastering decks...

aa