Re: [ARSCLIST] Ampex & Sticky Shed Syndrome

There is an interesting time-line consideration when dealing with heat-based
treatments for sticky-shed.  I don't know when it was actually patented but
the AGFA XT treatment(which is heat-based) was in use in 1990 and the
engineer who was using it at that time told me he thinks it was actually
developed around 1987.  This beats the AMPEX process by a few years.  Of
course, the XT process is not publicized and you do need to get a license
agreement to use it- hmmm - maybe not a good example after all.

Hey, since I developed the "cold-desiccation" process for dealing with
binder-base adhesion failure, should I apply for a patent or, since I've
already shared it with colleagues over the years, is it already too late?

Peter Brothers
President
SPECS BROS., LLC
(201) 440-6589
www.specsbros.com

Restoration and Disaster Recovery Service Since 1983