Re: [ARSCLIST] Copyright Alert

At 11/24/2004 06:22 AM, Karl Miller wrote:
While the costs of paying the Union fees would make such a release financial
disaster for any label, you can't even pay them any part of the
net...assuming you have anything to pay them.

In another life, I'm a cider maker, and I get apples from Washington State University's experimental cider orchard. The Research Center does not charge me for the apples, but I make a separate annual contribution to WSU's School of Agriculture equal to the wholesale value of the fruit.

Is there any reason why you can't make a separate donation to the NY
Philharmonic that is not a quid pro quo payment?

John Ross
Northwest Folklife