Re: [ARSCLIST] Looking for form/genre term

Yesterday, I posted:

<Date:    Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:42:02 -0500
<From:    digest Peter Hirsch <phirsch@xxxxxxxx>
<Subject: Looking for form/genre term
<
<I'm hoping that those of you cataloging archival collections (as opposed
<processing and creating finding aids) may be able to help me out.
<
<I just posted this over on MLA-L and then realized that maybe it is at
<least as logically targeted at sound archivists as to music librarians.
<Sorry for any duplication.
<
<- Peter Hirsch
<
<
<We have an important collection of papers generated by a record producer.
<There is some correspondence and other papers, but the huge bulk of the
<collection are files devoted to recording sessions and each of these
<contains a log that lists takes, personnel, etc. We try to affix
<appropriate 655 Form/Genre headings to our records and our two primary
<thesauri for these headings are LCSH and the Art and Architecture
Thesaurus
<(AAT) form the Getty Foundation. Neither of these have yielded a term that
<seems to fit. AAT has "logbooks" but the usage note seems to indicate that
<these are more likely to be found in a nautical setting than in a
recording
<studio.
<
<Since these are the primary reason that we imagine most researchers will
<benefit from consulting these papers, it would be nice to have a term for
<them more focused than something like "business records".
<
<Any suggestions?
<
<Thanks in advance,