Re: [ARSCLIST] Preservation advice

Richard wrote:
> In the audio field, I worry far more about the playability of analog tapes
> in 50-100 years than the survivability and usability of a
> managed digital archive. Every storage system requires management.

This is the key point, which I don't think the article addressed at
all. There's a lot of confusion about archiving - which implies some
kind of institution with a commitment to permanent management of the
resources - and individual data stores of whatever kind.

Heidi

Heidi Johnson, PhD
Project Manager
The Archive of the Indigenous Languages