Re: [ARSCLIST] Fw: [ARSCLIST] Gold CDs

CD error correction is contained on the disc, and is defined by the
standards. Drives can ignore some of these capabilities, as happened with
early high speed drives. Or feedforward techniques can enhance somewhat the
maximum defect size, as is done in most modern drives. "New" systems are not
allowed if the disc is to be a CD.

It seems rather fruitless to characterize drives model-by-model. The key is
to initially record high quality discs, and to periodically test samples to
detect degradation while the disc is still readable and a copy can be made.

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.