Re: [ARSCLIST] 78 RECORDS MILDEW AND MOLD

At 12:30 AM 2004/10/24 -0400, you wrote:
WELL, THE MORE I READ THE RESPONSES, THE MORE I RELALIZE THE LESS I KNOW.

Hi, Helen,

Don't light a match to them, they just may burn faster than you think.

Don't worry about not knowing everything. Knowledge can be acquired. I'm
not a disc expert (I do tapes), but there are many here.

If all you have are 12-inch, do you think they might be vinyl pressings as
opposed to 78 rpm shellac discs? My very limited experience with 78s is
that you generally end up with a collection of both 10" and 12" discs.

If they are vinyl, I would definitely re-sleeve them, but, then again, some
vinyl collections aren't worth very much (sadly). Also LPs are fine for
listening, but I think they'd lose their value even more without the
jackets. I would not store LPs without jackets.

Also, if possible, could you please turn CAPS LOCK off? We know you're not
shouting, but it's often taken to mean that and besides that, it's harder
to read.

Good luck with the project! Keep learning.

Cheers,

Richard

http://www.richardhess.com/tape/