Re: [ARSCLIST] Is recording to Reel-to-reel still the preferred preservation method?

>>While the temperature range is manageable, here in Hawaii the humidity is
typically 75%! Oh well....

>>Salutations, David Lewiston
>>The Lewiston Archive, Recordings and Documentation of the World's
Traditional Music

Humidity is easily controllable without A/C cooling. A separate dehumidifier
is invaluable (and I'm not talking about those portable jobbies where one
must empty the tank). With a few airflow management devices (aircurtains,
etc) if the facility is relatively well sealed it's easily possible to
maintain 45% rh regardless of the external humidity. IMO even 25% humidity
and 73 degrees should be relatively easy to achieve in a subspace.