[ARSCLIST] High Speed DVD burners for sound files?

We have been using DVDs for making backups of the sound and image files for
our Arhoolie Foundation's Strachwitz collection of Mexican and Mexican
American Recordings digitizing project. We have burned 100s of DVDs with no
problem at 2X on a Pioneer DVD burner.

We need to upgrade and see that Plextor and others have burners from 12x to
16x. Does anyone have any experience with these? We are running a computer
with a Pentium 3 1ghz processor.

On another computer I have I have a CD burner that runs at 32x but I get the
most reliable, no error burns at 12x. Is it going to be similar for DVDs.
Tom Diamant
Arhoolie Foundation
10341 San Pablo Ave.
El Cerrito, CA 94530