Re: [ARSCLIST] Is recording to Reel-to-reel still the preferred preservation method?

You know, just because we seem to be focusing on audio quality, I would
just like to iterate that my main concerns are in regard to problems
restoring data. I've been working with computers and audio for 20 years
(next year!) and I just know that I can deal with an analog tape drop
out a lot more easily than I can with a computer file with an error.

Also, when we are replaced by cockroaches, I'm sure they will be able
to devise the 1/4" machine more readily than the CD player or even
ProTools. Just thinking of the future...

Alyssa.