Re: [ARSCLIST] Looking for a 1/4 track reel-to-reel

At 11:05 PM 9/23/04, Jeffery Kane wrote:
FWIW, here's the original post with his phone number. No idea if it's valid
anymore. I plan on calling tomorrow to find out if he's got any available
and if he can still add a switch and a quarter-track playback head. With all
the money I've blown on consumer-level junk I could've bought one of these
already. Oh well, live and learn. Anybody want a Technics RS-1506 with a bit
of rust on the heads (oh but the Ebay seller said it was in excellent
condition of course)?

Here's a happy follow-up to Dietrich Schueller's
"Re: Studer A 807 - last orders" message of July 31, 2001
to the AV Media Matters list:

In talking to Sam Lum, Studer North America, about some A807 parts,
I learned that, due to popular demand, the A807 production line is
_not_ shutting down this summer as planned.  Studer will accept orders
for 200 additional A807 MKIIs in various configurations.

I inquired about Herr Schueller's desirable "archivist" configuration,
"replay-only version with a half-track plus a quarter-track head,
switchable".
Sam said he had a warehouse full of pre-owned A807-0.75 VUK (half-track
butterfly heads, meter bridge) play-only machines that he would
re-condition,
relap, and offer at _very_ reasonable prices.  He said he could easily add
quarter-track heads and switches.
<snip>

UPDATE:

Edouard, at Filmco, is handling orders for Sam Lum's specially-configured
"archivist" Studer A807 1/4 inch reel-to-reel tape decks.
Email him at filmco@xxxxxxxxxxxx or call him at 1-800-476-9775 for details,
pricing, and archivist references.

Gary Sprung