Re: [ARSCLIST] stop the presses

Where can I get one?
Rob
-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Dick Spottswood
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 9:07 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ARSCLIST] stop the presses

I have next to me my very own copy of Tony R's magnum opus, Country Music Records: A Discography, 1921-1942.  Yup, it's out, and the ink's hardly dry.  But it's dry enough to browse eagerly through nearly 1200 pp. of text, indices etc. and it's enough to elevate Tony to instant sainthood!

Sure, it's been a while in coming, and I'm sure the delays have frustrated Tony more than anyone else.  It's especially sad that primary collaborator Bob Pinson didn't survive to enjoy the finished (published, actually--works like this are never really finished) product.

This is an announcement, not a review, but I expect that reviewers will outdo each other looking for ways to praise the book. Cramming so much data into a single volume is an achievement in itself, and the paper and binding both look look sturdy enough to support extensive use.

Congratulations, Tony.  Fervent applause from everyone else, please!

Dick