From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Rob Sevier
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2004 8:14 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ARSCLIST] What to do with 2-inch tapes?

Esteemed archivists and collectors,
I have about 20 2-inch reel-to-reel tapes, each with probably about 20 to 30
minutes on them. I am looking for an affordable way to get the music off
them onto a digital format, preferably with the multiple tracks intact. Does
anyone have suggestions? I'm located in the Chicago area. The music is of
Caribbean origin, and is obviously irreplaceable, so I'm not interested in
shipping the tapes anywhere, but I would perhaps be willing to drive up to
300 miles outside Chicago. I'd be grateful for any tips. Thanks again.
Rob Sevier

-- Leslie Waffen <leslie.waffen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks, please send email notifications.
>
> Les Waffen
> NARA
> leslie.waffen@xxxxxxxx

> We are in the process of updating our mailing lists
> for the Washington
> Area Metropolitan Chapter of the Association of
> Recorded Sound
> Collections.  We would like to ask those interested
> in receiving flyers
> or email notices announcing local ARSC programs to
> send your snail mail
> or email addresses to <bcor@xxxxxxx> or
> <kfishman@xxxxxxx>.  Please let
> us know if you want email notification, a mailed
> flyer, or both.  We
> generally send announcements before each program and
> they typically
> occur every other month with a hiatus in the summer.
>
> Thank you
>
> Karen J. Fishman
> Reference Librarian
> Recorded Sound Reference Center
> Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded
>   Sound Division
> Library of Congress
> Washington, DC  20540-4690
> Phone: 202-707-7833
> Email: kfishman@xxxxxxx
>
> Bryan Cornell
> Reference Librarian
> Recorded Sound Reference Center
> Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound
> Division
> Library of Congress, Washington, DC 20540-4698
> Phone:  (202) 707-7833
> Fax:       (202) 707-8464
> email:     bcor@xxxxxxx
> Usual disclaimers apply.