Re: [ARSCLIST] Anti-virus on workstations?

If my DAWs were in a $100 an hour recording studio with demanding
clients,
I wouldn't take chances with downtime and would probably follow Angie's
advice, but it is so essential that we have access to network services,
that we have our DAWs online just like other workstations.

$100 per hour is a cheap studio.  if you count lost productivity and
dropped audio from your projects, it is costing you $$$$ with any
problems that stop productivity in house.

by partition hard drive you can have daw isolated with no conflicts and
reboot to use machine with other needs(word processing, e mail, data
base, etc).   one machine / many uses.
of course the hassle is rebooting into the appropriate partition.

Dale
dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.longrunaudio.com