Re: [ARSCLIST] ARSCLIST Digest - 24 Jun 2004 to 25 Jun 2004 (#2004-146)

At 10:00 AM 7/18/2004 -0500, Angie at Avocado Productions wrote:
Margaret,

I personally don't know of a ripping program that does this at
present.  What you and others who've asked about doing this might do is to
contact the developer of one of the programs to see if this ability could
be implemented.

The ripping program I highly recommend is Exact Audio
Copy.  http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/  It is
"cardware". (Simply send him a card telling him how much you enjoy the
program.) He might be open to adding
this ability.

Andre's interests are in high-quality ripping. It took some time (and establishing some credibility) before I persuaded him to correct a bug in his superb program which caused all monaural extraction to overrecord by 6 db and which precluded writing from monaural WAV files.

However, I second your recommendation of the program. When I first ran it,
I sent him not a postcard but a CD-ROM; since then, I've taken advantage of
his opportunity to contribute some cash. It's the mainstay of my
extraction, admittedly only a very small part of what I do.

Mike -- mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/