Re: [ARSCLIST] Archivio Sonoro della Canzone Napoletana

There is an implication here that there is an Italian national sound archive, or a group of them, and that it/they is/are administered by RAI.  Is that correct?

Steven Smolian
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 11:07 AM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Archivio Sonoro della Canzone Napoletana

Dear all-list members,

I'm going to give you important news regarding the history of the Italian sound archives, we've opened officially the Archivio Sonoro della Canzone Napoletana.
We are a part of the Radiophonic Division of Rai, Italian National Public Television. Our archive holds 16.000 titles at the moment, but we are working on a project which will make us able to count on about 150.000 titles. If any of you has any kind of information, (recordings, sheet music, but also pictures, photos, posters...) which will be useful to the aim of the archive and of this specific repertoire, please update me through this email address. Remember that the Archive is interested only in non-operatic recordings!
thanx for your cooperation
simona frasca