[ARSCLIST] need recommendation for an audio card which works with an external a-d converter

Hi everybody!

We just bought a lavry blue le4496 a-d converter, since i've read and heard
several times from people who are more knowledgeable than me that an
external a-d converter is better than the conversion on the soundcard.
I tried to hook it up to an echoaudio gina 24/96 soundcard. Problem is the
soundcard has adat or s/pdif in and outs, the a-d converter aes/ebu ins and
outs. I know i could buy a m-audio C03 box which would convert aes/ebu into
s/pdif, but i think this soundcard can only sync to the s/pdif clock if the
master device is set to a sample rate between 30 and 50khz which would
totally defeat the purpose of getting the external converter. We would like
to transfer some of our tapes at 24bit/96khz.
I therefore would like to ask the people on the list for soundcard
recommendations that will take aes/ebu inputs at 24/96.
I am not a sound engineer so I hope i got the facts right. Any help is
greatly appreciated.

Erik Dix

University of Notre Dame Archives