Re: [ARSCLIST] List servers. Listservers for attachments.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Richter" <mrichter@xxxxxxx>
> NotePad is still around and still fine for TXT files - but they lose all
> formatting and some is useful at times. So if one wants italics or bolding
> or other elementary capability, basic RTF is a good choice. Otherwise, TXT
> is fine.
The problem with Notepad is that it has a nasty tendency to replace soft
CR's
with h0D h0A pairs...which plays hob with, among other things, C8T files
(random access data files don't like extra bytes!)...

Write lets me view C8T files...search them...and even edit them, as long as
I remember to delete as many blanks as I added characters.

Of course, it never occurs to programmers that anyone/thing will notice if
you add hard CR's...
...stevenc