Re: [ARSCLIST] Mono CD transfer

In a message dated 6/25/2004 10:08:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rjhodge@xxxxxxx writes:
Which makes me think , is there such a thing as crosstalk ( or any of it's
permutations ) on a CD,or any other digital format ?  If  not , could one disc
be used to store twice as much audio in a " half track " monaural mode ?  I
realise that each independant channel would have to be transferred to each
channel at the same time .

Letting the imagination wander a bit.

Bob Hodge
Syracuse University Belfer Audio Archive

In "upgrading" an exhibit at the AWA Electronic Communications Museum,
http://www.antiquewireless.org/museum/museum.htm,
for the audio feeding horn loudspeakers with 20s 78s on one channel and an AM
transmitter with OTR on another, I simply copied a two track reel tape to a
CD in stereo.  I've never noticed any crosstalk.

Mike Csontos