Re: [ARSCLIST] ZipLoc? Sealed plastic storage for 78s? (was CD Jewel case recommendations)

At 07:23 AM 6/5/2004 -0600, Jon Noring wrote:

Yes, that was my first thought when I heard the word "vinyl": the
possible long-term interaction of the vinyl with the CD (either with
the playing side or with the label side).

Caution:

I have a few LPs which were packaged in the 'wrong' plastic sleeves. The
plasticizer has collected in the grooves making them unplayable; I know of
no solvent which would not also remove vinyl. The one I recall (others have
been discarded; this one was replaced) was an Odeon from the early 1950s.
Needless to say, there is no indication of the problem until after it has
destroyed the disc.

Mike -- mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/