Re: [ARSCLIST] Cleaning Tape Deck Pinch Rollers

Hello Sherwin ,

The best cleanoing fluid bar none is electronic grade Isopropyl alcohol. Other grades such as denatured and rubbing alcohols contain byproducts and water respectively and aren't recommended. A good drug store can probably supply you with small quantities of this alcohol.

Syracuse University purchases it by the gallon jug and it is made by Ashland Chemical Company

>>> FanOfOTR@xxxxxxx 05/16/04 07:39PM >>>
I am transferring some 78s to a cassette deck. I bought some fluid
specifically to clean the heads from Radio Shack. Since the ingredients are different
forms of alcohol, it seems to me that the same fluid cannot be used on pinch
rollers since they are made of rubber.

What should I use to clean the pinch rollers?

Thank you.

Sherwin Cerini