Re: [ARSCLIST] Analog Masters (side comment)

Last month I spoke about audio preservation at a conference attended mostly by
art conservation students.  One of them approached me afterwards and asked me
if I'd heard anything about this big reformatting project that was going on at
LOC.  She said they were reformatting everything to large discs.  I was
thinking some kind of super-sized, super audio CD.  But then she said the discs
were made of shellac.

She was a little bit irked at NPR when I told her I thought they were pulling
her leg.

http://www.npr.org/features/feature.php?wfId=1216161

Rick Taylor
Graduate Student