[ARSCLIST] Seeking audio collections for preservation

B.A.V.C. (www.bavc.org <http://www.bavc.org>), the nation's largest and most
advanced noncommercial media access center, is excited to announce the
introduction of our state-of-the-art audio preservation program.

We are currently searching for non-commercial or non-profit organizations or
individuals that have audio collections on ¼? analog tape formats that are
in need of preservation.  Because our preservation rates are subsidized
through grants and contributions, they are significantly lower than
commercial preservation rates.

To give you an idea of the scope of our planned audio preservation program,
we currently run the only professionally equipped nonprofit video
preservation center in the nation.  With the support of the National
Endowment of the Arts, our expert technicians offer the highest quality
cleaning and transferring of archival material to current video formats for
universities, museums, nonprofit institutions and artists, including:
SFMOMA, Carnegie Museum of the Arts, DeSaisset Museum of Art, Eggleston
Artistic Trust, Georges Pompidou Center, MOCA, New Zealand Film Archive,
Pacific Film Archive, School of the Art Institute Chicago, Smithsonian
Museum of Natural History, Stanford University Libraries, The Kitchen, UCLA,
UCSF, Video Data Bank, William Wegman Gallery, and many more.

For more information, please contact:

Michael Talbott (michael@xxxxxxxx)
Audio & Video Preservation
Bay Area Video Coalition