Re: [ARSCLIST] Record collection query

At 02:09 PM 4/28/2004 -0400, Randi Millman-Brown wrote:
All the recordings are classical - I feel I need to add some value to
the collection, since I will be donating part of it, and need to have
some amount of
value listed - probably an average per record.

Randi

If they are the general run of recordings, you can probably be generous and value them at twenty-five cents per disc. If they are truly collectors' items - and you may be surprised at how few recordings are - then the prices are to be determined from a reference such as you have ordered and from transactions on eBay and elsewhere.

In case you find the above surprising, you will discover that few charities
will take 78s at all and that LPs go for about fifty cents each in the
thrift shops - or less depending on your bargaining skills and the
stock-reduction sales (when they sell for half that).

Mike -- mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/