Re: [ARSCLIST] Net music piracy 'does not harm record sales'

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Miller" <lyaa071@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Karl (at this point, not feeling particularly optimistic about the
> long term prognosis for libraries)
The sad fact is that as we enter the 21st century, virtually everything
seems to depend on its commercial value...and things (and, sadly, people...
like myself) without any such do not have a long projected period of
survival. What mkes this all the more ironic is the fact that the invention
of,
and improvements in, the digital computer finally makes it possible, even
practical, to realize long-term data acquisition/sorting projects!

However, given recent developments elsewhere in the world, I'm not feeling
particularly optimistic about the long-term prognosis of
anything...including
the planet, let alone life thereupon...