Re: [ARSCLIST] greater Buffalo area

----- Original Message -----
From: <Mwcpc6@xxxxxxx>
> If you know of a public library that still has records, please pass on the
> information.  It might be an opportunity for a collector to intercept them
on
> the way to the dumpster.
I assume that, by "public library," you mean a regular, public accessible,
municipal
(or township or whatever governmental body) library. Even then, there may be
a few
in larger cities that still see archival as an important part of their
function...
doesn't the NYC public library have an archive of both original recordings
and
various discographic documents, intended to serve we researchers in that
obscure
field? As far as records of any sort (78's through CD's and DVD's) as
library
holdings are concerned, I suspect that most standard punlic libraries view
these
as expendable items, with a viable lifespan limited by customer
abuse...something
like their available copies of popular paperbacks...
...stevenc