Re: [ARSCLIST] 16 2/3 RPM Music

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Steven C. Barr wrote:
> There were also...and I own a couple or three...smaller 16-2/3 discs, with
> huge centre holes, put out by Seeburg which may have been part of a background
> music setup of some sort?

The label on the box (which is also a seal) reads:

"Seeburg '1000' background music
Basic library quarterly replacement (7 records)
Property of Seeburg Music Library, Inc., 1510 N. Dayton St., Chicago 22, Ill.
Unauthorized public performance, broadcasting and copying of these records
prohibited
All rights of the manufacturer and of the owner of the recorded work
preserved
REPLACEMENT RECORDS - PLACE IN USE December 26, 1968
If seal is broken, this package contains used records.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. These seven records replace seven similarly-numbered records in a Mood
Library.
2. Quarterly replacements must be executed in all libraries.
3. Remove 28 records from mechanism; place on clean surface. DO NOT TOUCH
RECORD GROOVES
4. Extract seven old records (similarly numbered) and replace with these
seven Quarterly Replacement Records.
5. Place seven old records in this carton and mark carton "USED RECORDS".
6. Re-stack 28 records on the mechanism in proper numerical order (101-128)
with all "A" sides facing downward, bottom record should be 101A.
7. Dealer returns all "USED RECORDS" to his distributor: Distributor returns
them, together with his own, to Seeburg Music Library, Inc. Used records may
be returned in bulk (without sleeves, etc.)--They will never be re-issued.

NOTE CAREFULLY: Distributor must return to Seeburg Music Library, Inc. the
exact number of "USED RECORDS" as he has received "Quarterly Replacements"
within 30 days. It is his responsibility to get them back promptly from his
dealer.
For each such "USED RECORD" nor returned within 30 days, distributor's
monthly music fee will be increased by twenty-four cents (.24)."

I have not read the material that I do think exist on this type of operation,
but the quality of the reproduction is not bad. Centering on a normal
turntable was a bit tricky, because I did not prepare an adapter
(considerably larger than a puck for a 45rpm).

Kind regards,

George