[ARSCLIST] discographical notation?

Hi all, I am new to reading discographies and was wondering if there are certain discographical "standards" for notation and structure of an entry.  For example a title  entry such as:

LA TRAVIATA (Giuseppe Verdi / Francesco M. Piave), II/ 5: Duetto (Germont) "Pura siccome un angelo" <1>

I can figure a few things out "La Traviata" is the title, Verdi wrote the music, Piave wrote the (words?) what does II/5 mean and the rest? what does <1> mean?

For an Artist entry:
Premier (mV4) [John H. Bieling (T), Billy Murray (T), Steve C. Porter (Bar), William F. Hooley (Bs)], (O)

Again, some of these notations I can guess.

Any way, I didnt know if there was a book somewhere that detailed these notations and if there are "generally accepted" standards for these notations, or if they are completely at the diecretion of the discographer.

Thanks
Eugene

Do you Yahoo!?