Re: [ARSCLIST] Monitor speakers for 78 rpm audio restoration?

R.A. Friedman asked:

> Any recommendations for speakers to be used in a sound
> lab that restores primarily old, worn 78rpm discs? I'm
> not doing restorations to go on commercial CD reissues.
> I'd like to keep it under $500, but might be convinced
> to go higher.

On a slightly different topic, I'm curious if it is preferable to
use very high-quality headphones (such as audiophile grade Grados)
for 78 restoration work? The issue of sound room acoustics becomes
a non-issue using headphones.

Anyone here use high-grade headphones for 78 restoration work?

Thanks.

Jon Noring