Re: [ARSCLIST] ASCAP Concert

http://www.sfmuseum.org/hist5/cavalcade.html

Don Chichester

Just a minor correction to this description: it was Howard Hanson's *Second* Symphony ("Romantic") that was omitted due to time constraints.  The reasoning behind this choice of omission was the existence of multiple recordings of this work conducted by the composer, as was the case of the performance in question. Nonetheless, the sense of occasion would have merited releasing the the concert complete, in my opinion.

Regarding the commentary by Gene Buck, I must say that there's something endearing about his delivery. I love listening to this guy's voice, and, despite there being so much of it in this program, I never tire of hearing him talk.

Aaron Z