----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Weiss"
> I'm seeking copyright information on Edison discs (from 1925) and the
> Broadway 78s (from 1924) trying to find out if these records are public
> domain. Please let me know if you have any info.
I'm not sure about Edison...although they never sold out to anyone but
simply quit manufacturing records. Someone connected with the Historic
Site might know?

As for Broadway, this label was produced by the New York Recording
Laboratories,
who are most noted for Paramount. When that firm was wound up in 1932, the
masters lay dormant (Gennett may have acquired some)...but I think the
masters
were eventually acquired by Steiner c. 1948, who revived the Paramount label
and pressed some of the blues and jazz sides on this. Whether he acquired
all
the mast! ers or just some...and whether he acquired full rights to the
masters
or just the rights to reissue them...I don't know.
Steven C. Barr

Do you Yahoo!?