[ARSCLIST] Shellac/cassettes

The discussions engendered by these two threads are what I love about
this list!  Where else would you discuss things like this? In response
to Don Cox's thought that cassette players might be around for another
50 years, I would make the observation that VHS tapes were sold by the
jillions and you used to see  6 or 7 different brands at places like
BJ's and Sam's Club. Now you're lucky if they carry even one. Also, the
machines have certainly gotten dirt cheap, but they're not nearly as
available. How long before you'll only be able to get a machine on eBay? FBS