Re: [ARSCLIST] External A/D converter with AES/EBU output

As analogue archiving standards go, emphasis has always been placed on flat, unprocessed transfers.  I would like to know what the consensus is on digital tranfers assuming some may be using convertors which apply noise-shaping dither to the signal, therefore yielding processed program.  I suppose storage medium & resolution would factor in depending on the convertor.  So, dither or no dither?

--Jeff
www.bluefieldmastering.com
919.859.0102