Re: [ARSCLIST] External A/D converter with AES/EBU output

Hi, Andy,

I think there is a missing piece here:

Why are you bypassing the converters in the DAL CardDeluxe? They are rather
competent as I understand it (it was on my short list--I ended up with an RME
Multiface). Even Bruel and Kjaer have used it in the acoustics PC-based
instrumentation, as I understand it. Http://www.pcavtech.com who actually tests
cards in depth gives it an excellent rating.

While you're asking for AES/EBU output and the DAL CardDeluxe is SPDIF in
natively, DAL sells an AES/EBU and TOSLINK input adapter for $92.
http://www.digitalaudio.com/DIGITALAUDIO/myarticles.asp?P=5216&S=75&PubID=4401

I'd be curious if the other responders to this feel that the CardDeluxe
converters are inferior, and in what way.

I can see applications where you'd rather route/run AES/EBU data than analog
audio, but I'd like to understand the application. Many transfer suites are
compact enough that the runs aren't long.

Cheers,

Richard

--

Richard L. Hess