From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of H. Duane Goldman
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 11:09 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Record cleaning fluid recommendations?

Hi Elliott,

With all due respect, you're recommending products based upon price
rather
than the quality of the cleaning.  I'm confident that a superior & safer
level of cleaning is available at a reasonable price & its unfortunate
that
you have not had an opportunity to hear the results of using these
materials.

Regards,

Duane Goldman

At 09:17 AM 12/15/2003 -0600, you wrote:

>The Folk Center in Mountain View, AR has several thousand LPs and 78s
that
>we are transferring to a digital format.  To prepare the discs we are
>using a Nitty Gritty machine.  Nitty Gritty also provides a different
>solution for LPs and 78s.  We are actually using a solution supplied by
>Sleeve City in Memphis, TN which is somewhat less expensive than what
we
>would get from Nitty Gritty.  I do not know what is in the solution but
it
>works.   Since this project is operating on grant funds we have been
able
>to buy some items we could never afford out of our own operating budget
>such as the cleaning machine.  Nitty Gritty makes manual and automatic
>models and information is available via the net.
>

>Elliott Hancock
>
>Assistant Manager
>
>Ozark Folk Center
>
>P.O. Box 500
>
>Mountain View, AR 72560
>

>ozarkfolkcenter.com

      ------
h. duane goldman, ph.d.   |   P.O. Box 37066   St. Louis, MO  63141
lagniappe chem. ltd.            |   (314) 205 1388 voice/fax
"for the sound you thought you bought"       |   http://discdoc.com