[ARSCLIST] Jack Johnson

I'm the guy who was looking for Jack Johnson stuff and let me say this list provided a bonanza. I did get to hear the record to which you are referring and two others as well.

In the 1914 recording, Johnson sounds quite erudite. In other recordings, he speaks in a monotone that actually makes listening somewhat difficult.

I did get a snatch of an older Johnson reminiscing for about ten seconds and he sounds quite normal. But I suppose in the older recordings, he's reading prepared material and speaking slowly to be understood.

It is a wonderful window to the past and thanks to all of those who helped with the recordings.

Neal Lavon
Voice of America
Washington, D.C.
USA