Re: [ARSCLIST] Looking for sound recordings

In a message dated 11/10/03 9:52:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
smolians@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< There is still some question, probably now unresolvable,  as to if this is
really Washington or a younger relative.  Also, what happened to the other
part(s)?

Why does anyone think it is someone other than BTW himself?  And why do you
think there are other parts to this?   The part we have (mx 14605-1, I think)
is the Cast Down Your Buckets speech, arguably the most memorable segment of
his presentation.

If I recall correctly, it was discovered accidentally.  I believe Frank
Driggs ordered ARC mx. 14605-1,  "Slow Water Blues" by Tallahassee Tight (or
thought he did) and this was pulled and pressed instead.  And AFR Lawrence, then
working as the Coumbia archivist and closing down the Bridgeport facility,
identified it as Washington.

Paul Charosh