Re: [ARSCLIST] 21st Century Discographies

I think that detailed notes concerning how the discographical
information was obtained is important...eg from companies files, from
interviews with musicians.  Thank goodness for Brian Rust, however I
often wish I knew where he had gotten some of his details from!  Same
for more current general and more focused discographies.

Also useful would be to include technical information if available as
to types of microphones, room size etc...

I cannot see a discography having sound samples- call me old fashioned-
a discography is a discography, used to identify factors that made up a
recording session...it should not be a recording itself.

Photos from  recording sessions would be a nice touch.

DS