Re: [ARSCLIST] brain picking on CD packaging

Art Shifrin wrote:

> Hi Gang,
>
> I'm completing a project that entails making 15 sets, each containing a
> dozen CDs.  The client wants them in some kind of presentation box that'd be
> of high quality: aesthetically and well built.  They're not packaged in
> individual jewel caes.  They're grouped thematically.  So, each set consists
> of:
>
> one 4 cd case
> two 3 cd cases
> two 1 cd case
>
> One idea that I've so far come up with is a chest with a hinged cover.  The
> inside would emulate the old record browsing bins. I have preliminary
> drawings that at least, would be a starting point for conceptualizing the
> design.
>
> Do you any of you know any crafts people who might be capable of and
> interested in this undertaking?
>
> Best,
> Shiffy
> 718 464 7076
> www.shifrin.net

Jewel cases are best for protecting the discs. Any custom design that
incorporates the proper mounting could be expensive, while omitting the
proper mounting would not protect the discs.

Why not use individual jewel cases that slide into a rectangular,
open-ended sleeve or box?

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.