Re: [ARSCLIST] audio workstation help

on 10/7/03 10:40 AM, David Seubert at seubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> For those of you that use SADIE or Sonic Solutions, what are the
> advantages that make them worth the extra thousands of dollars?

These machines have dedicated, proprietary DSP hardware which allow you to
multitask one or more background processes (loadin, loadout, data backup,
and noise reduction processing) while editing in the foreground. This
provides a tremendous boost in productivity for certain types of work.

Actually, I was trying to illustrate the different ways that audio
restoration can be accomplished; I was not promoting one DAW or audio
software program over another.

---
Parker Dinkins
MasterDigital Corporation