Re: [ARSCLIST] audio workstation help

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, David Seubert wrote:

> If we want to use an external piece of equipment (e.g.
> Cedar, EQ, Packburn etc.) to modify the signal we are unable to do so.
>
> How to you make this work? Is there other software available (PC or Mac)
> that will allow this? We can't be the only people needing to do this and
> I'd be interested in hearing how others do this.

Not sure I understand the question, but...

I run ProTools on a Mac. I take the digital out to whatever, CEDAR,
Lexicon...etc. and then right back in and record on another track. No
feedback provided one mutes the playback on the channel being recorded.
I monitor the postprocess via the analog out which I feed to the preamp.

Karl