Re: [ARSCLIST] Copy protected CDs

At 11:37 PM 9/25/2003 -0400, Joel Bresler wrote:
I am digitizing a genre collection of music, and accessing the digital
files both via the RealOne player, and by hyperlinks from an Excel
spreadsheet. I cannot use these programs as an access point to what's on
the CD.

It happens that I have an earlier, non-protected version of this particular
recording, so my question is more in anticipation of this nonsense
spreading than how to deal with this particular CD.

By the way, these CDs do NOT bear the audio CD logo, since they don't
adhere to the Philips/Sony standards.

I have not yet encountered such a recording - one of the advantages of the companies' lack of interest in classical music. I am told that some readers, notably Plextors, are not disturbed by many of the "protection" schemes. The rumors about a marker on the outer portion of the disc defeating the Cactus scheme are correct, but that would not be a recommended solution. The tracks should be accessible using a selector such as Session Selector in Easy CD Creator or Multimounter in Nero. They should also be extractable (not your objective, I know) with ISOBuster or CD/DVD Diagnostic (or the more costly Inspector). All of those are linked from the CD-R side of my WWW site.

Mike mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/