Re: [ARSCLIST] jargon

Well, that's weird.  I posted two emails of the one below around 3:53 P.M. my time, and they didn't come up, so I tried again with an explanatory note at 5:59 P.M and that came up.  The two missing ones just popped up (explain that), so I apologize for the multiple postings.  They weren't worth that much exposure.

Rod Stephens
Family Theater Productions

Rod Stephens wrote:
I think we can carry this debate back to the days when tough guys would use their "revolvers" to "wipe out"  someone.   The name, I would guess, was based on the spindle or pin around which the chambers of the pistol revolved.  They didn't exactly complete a  full rotation except in the case of emptying said weapon.

Anyway, the definition of "rotate" in my dictionary is:

1. to cause to turn around an axis or center point: revolve.

So, I agree with Don.