Re: [ARSCLIST] Stroh violin recordindings

If I recall corectl, the Victor files would often show a notation such
as "stroh used."  Check Fagan-Moran.  I am fairly certain that most of
Chas. D'Almaine recordings for Victor were stroh-jobs.  I don't think
Kreisler or Heifitz used one.

DS

>>> seubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/04/03 11:45AM >>>
A researcher has contacted me and is looking specifically for acoustic
era
recordings made with the Stroh violin. Did certain performers record
"exclusively" with a Stroh? Does anybody know where this information
could
be found or is there a discography of Stroh recordings?

David
David Seubert, Curator
Performing Arts Collection
Davidson Library Special Collections