Re: [ARSCLIST] Noise reduction software for 78rpm

While I am only using sound reduction as a self training exercise to date I
have completed two commercial jobs, and I have stuck with Diamond Cut;
whilst it can be tricky to avoid artefacts and distortion I have been very
happy overall. I find the continuous noise filter works very well if used
carefully - I find that two "soft" passes are better than one with too high
a setting. Similarly with the declicker I try to err on the cautious side
and may find there are 20 or so clicks on a 78 side which need manual
removal.  I have just obtained the new version which I will not have time to
install and try out until the fall.

The biggest difficulty I find with Dcart is locating small clicks on the
waveform display, as the zoom function seems to shift the display sideways.