Re: [ARSCLIST] Noise reduction software for 78rpm

I'd like to hear what some of you folks think:

I use Diamond Cut Millenium and Sound Forge 4.0.  I understand that
Sound Forge 6.0 is the way to go, but I got 4.0 at "such a deal" I could
not let it pass.  The Sound Forge 4 creates artifacts quitwe readily,
but with a light touch, the continuos noise filter is quite effective.
The de-ticker is poor in my experience.

With Diamond Cut I have had some good luck with the de-ticker, but
finds that it leaves the roots of the ticks while removing what sticks
out.  Overall it's quite a good program for the $ (around 3 bills I
think.)

The Diamond cut noise reduction filter is very fussy and if it doesn't
create a lot of artifacts, it will create a rather hollow sound.

DS

DS

>>> tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx 07/30/03 07:26PM >>>
If one can't afford a CEDAR system, is there any software that comes
close
when cleaning up 78s of pops, crackles and surface noise?

Tom Diamant
Arhoolie Records
10341 San Pablo Ave.
El Cerrito, CA 94530